They don’t make louvres like they use to
Louvre Windows have been around for a very long time. You may remember them as old rusty, leaky louvres. But today, Breezway offers a new generation louvre window that has been developed by the latest technology to guarantee you a quality product that will last a lifetime!
Breezway can trace our history of manufacturing louvre windows back to the early 1930’s where the first louvre patent was filed by A E Appleton & Sons. This louvre window was very popular and the company grew rapidly. The company changed names multiple times through mergers and sales, and by the mid-1960’s our Naco Louvres were being exported to over 65 countries. Over the years the company has manufactured a number of other products, but aluminium louvre windows have always been a key part of the business. Today, Breezway is owned by JELD-WEN Australia Pty Limited.
Breezway is at the forefront of louvre window technology and design. There is a constant stream of product improvements flowing from our Brisbane-based R&D Centre. Our facilities include 3D modelling, on-site tooling and manufacturing. There is an on-site NATA (National Association of Testing Authorities) approved window testing laboratory. As a result, the team has developed many louvre window innovations which now hold international patents.
Imagine a home or office free from air conditioning
Natural ventilation is important in any home or working environment. It helps keep the air we breathe clean and fresh while maintaining a connection with our outdoor environment. It also helps reduce our household energy bills too!
What’s the best window solution for you? Breezway Louvres open wide to offer maximum ventilation to naturally cool your living or working space. This is compared to any other window type. Breezes can be captured no matter which direction the wind is blowing, and seal tight to offer protection from the elements, even in cyclonic conditions.
Want to stay ahead of the rest?
Today’s Breezway Louvre Windows are sleek, elegant and innovative. We offer the award winning Powerlouvre Window that can be easily integrated into any smart building management system. This allows you to automatically control your louvres (or simply operate them by your smart phone from the comfort of your living room couch).
For more ideas on how to include louvres in your next design visit our Ideas Gallery page.
Where can I view or buy Breezway Louvres?
To ensure great customer service, Breezway maintains a direct presence in Brisbane, Perth, Darwin, Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne, Hawaii and Malaysia. Some of these local offices hold stock and have some manufacturing capabilities.
Our Altair Louvre Windows are available from leading window and door manufacturers across Australia. The Altair Louvre has been designed to be compatible with most timber and aluminium windows so it will match neatly with other windows and doors in your building.
Visit our Where to View and Where to Buy page today so you can locate your closest Breezway supplier.
List of awards won by Breezway
- 2007 Winner The Altair Powerlouvre™ System won the AWA Design Award for ‘Most Innovative Window System’
- 2008 Winner Breezway won the Lincoln Sentry ‘Supplier of the Year’ Award for the Window Door Glazing Category
- 2010 Winner Breezway won the Lincoln Sentry ‘Supplier of the Year’ Award for the Window Door Glazing Category
- 2011 Finalist The Breezway Head Office Building was a finalist for the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA) Qld Boral Award for ‘Environmental Sustainable Development & Small Retail/Commercial Building under 3000sqm’
- 2013 Finalist Breezway was a finalist for the Lincoln Sentry ‘Supplier of the Year’ Award for the Window Door Glazing Category
- 2014 Winner The IGLU Student Accommodation Building (with Breezway Louvres) won the AWA Design Award for ‘Best Use of Windows and Doors – Commercial – New Constructions over $5 million’
- 2014 Winner The Altair Powerlouvre™ Apptivate® Control Unit won the AWA Design Award for ‘Most Innovative Component’
- 2014 Winner Breezway won the Lincoln Sentry ‘Supplier of the Year’ Award for the Window Door Glazing Category
- 2015 Winner Breezway won the Architecture & Design ‘Top 100 Trusted Brands Survey’ for the Windows & Glazing Category
- 2018 Finalist Breezway came second in the Architecture & Design ‘Top 100 Trusted Brands Survey’ for the Windows & Glazing Category
- 2018 Winner The Altair Dualair® System won the AWA Design Award for ‘Most Innovative Window System’
Looking for technical help?
The Breezway Design Assist Team are always available to assist with your louvre window technical needs. Call the help desk on 1800 777 758, email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply use the online chat at the bottom of our website for a quick and easy answer to your question.
Working for Breezway
We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team and new positions become available fairly regularly, so please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com for us to hold on file. We’ll contact you should a suitable position open up.