Relax in Style with a Gremmo Homes Contemporary Design
BELLA VISTA WATERS, NEW SOUTH WALES, AUSTRALIA
From its design concept to the architectural detail and landscaping features, this home has been built to create an impression.
Gremmo Homes latest Display Home began with a simple concept – “Our objective was to create a contemporary design with a relaxed feel.” says Richard Gremmo.
The home has a substantial street presence, where welcoming wide formed stairs provide a subtle transition from the footpath to the entry of the home which is framed by a double storey glazed vestibule. Sleek commercial glazing lines combine harmoniously with an understated landscape design which addresses the slope of the site as well as the aesthetics.
The home has a Northerly aspect to its rear, providing a fantastic opportunity to capture the abundant light, and limits its environmental impact through its solar passive design and ventilation in combination with the use of photo voltaic power generation. Intelligent home automation and programming ensures that the home operates efficiently, with minimal wastage of resources. Strategic placement of skylights and Breezway Louvre Windows throughout the home improves the natural light quality and indoor ventilation.
The central living room is the heart of the home. Guests can enjoy views of the sparkling adjacent pool and landscaped yards, the perfect space for relaxation with its fireplace and bar. Infusions of timber and natural stone combine with subtle wall tones to add warmth to the open feel of the home, with an injection of colour provided through the inclusion of strategic decorating pieces.
Guest accommodation and inter-generational living has also been catered for with a downstairs bedroom that incorporates its own powder room. This space has the ability to function as a study or home office, ensuring that a number of lifestyle requirements have been considered. The kitchen is uncluttered, and balances its sleek lines with an understated timber ceiling treatment.
A home of this calibre deserves a master suite, not just a main bedroom. Inspired by the opulence of a luxury hotel suite, this space incorporates detailed joinery and subtle lighting features to enhance the elegance and style. Breezway Louvre Windows allow ventilation and light to stream in, and they also provide views to the mountains beyond.
A cohesive management of the home, pool and landscape design and construction process has ensured that this home is both functional and aesthetically pleasing whilst maintaining a high level of attention to quality and detail. This is a home where you can sit back and relax in style.
This home has been recognised with the following prestigious awards:
- Winner 2018 HIA AUSTRALIAN Housing Awards – People’s Choice Home of the Year
- Winner 2018 HIA AUSTRALIAN Housing Awards – Outdoor Project of the Year
- Winner 2017 Housing Industry Association NSW – Home of the Year
- Winner 2017 Housing Industry Association NSW – Display Home of the Year
- Winner 2017 Housing Industry Association NSW – Display Home over $500,001
- Winner 2017 Housing Industry Association NSW – Outdoor Project of the Year
- Winner 2017 Master Builders Association – Exhibition Home – $800,000 & Over
- Winner 2017 Master Builders Association – Display Pools – Open Category
- Finalist 2017 Housing Industry Association NSW Region – Kitchen Design
- Finalist 2017 Housing Industry Association NSW Region – Bathroom Design
Designer and Builder: Gremmo Homes