Residential Buildings NZ with Breezway Louvre Windows
How do you create a comfortable living environment in New Zealand without the use of air conditioning?
You can create a comfortable living environment for your residential home in New Zealand by opening it up to fresh natural breezes to help reduce moisture and built-up condensation with Breezway Louvre Windows.
Video: Create Comfortable Living Environments (NZ) with Breezway Louvre Windows.
Altair Louvre Window
Energy Benefits of Louvre Windows Over Other Window Types
- Ventilation through the whole window area as they open twice as wide as other window types.
- Ventilation no matter which direction the wind is blowing in comparison to awning or casement windows.
- Maximum ventilation through large or unusually shaped window spaces that other window types cannot accommodate.
- Ventilation through internal windows to further cool and refresh the building.
Energy savings for a mixed mode (hybrid) system are on average 59%
Controlled studies in 1999 and 2000 showed that as ventilation rates increase, children perform school work with greater speed. And the performance of adults was also shown to improve with higher ventilation rates
Increased outdoor ventilation rates and natural ventilation significantly reduces respiratory illness, flu’s and absenteeism by9-20%.
Why use Breezway Louvres in Residential Buildings?
Breezway Altair® Louvre Windows are the key solution to environmentally sustainable buildings.
Open twice as wide as regular windows.
Reduce the need for artificial lighting and air conditioning.
Wider spans allow uninterrupted outdoor views.
Energy rated with a wide variety of customising options.
Automation available with the award winning Altair Powerlouvre Window.
High wind and water performance.
The Stronghold System provides added strength and safety.
Non-corrosive materials to accommodate harsh weather.
Easy to clean from inside the building.
Screening and security options available to secure buildings after hours.
When it comes to solar control, Altair Louvres:
- Can achieve a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient between 0.2 and 0.72 using glass blades.
- Can use timber or aluminium blades to completely block out the sunlight while still allowing maximum ventilation through the window.
Altair Louvre Windows provide tight sealing due to:
- The patented living hinge design that prevents water and air penetration between the clips and the channels.
- An over centre locking mechanism which applies strong locking pressure between blades when fully closed.
Altair Louvre Windows can achieve low U-values. For example:
- Altair Louvre Windows can achieve low U-values required for energy efficiency compliance/excellence (ranging from 2.5 to 6.9).
- In extremely cold climates, louvre-fixed lite-louvre combination windows are a good way to achieve good ventilation and very low U-values.
- Altair Louvres with metal mesh screens have WERS ratings available which significantly reduce the window’s U-value as the glass blades and the screen act in a similar way to double glazing.
Can Breezway Louvres be used with Mixed-Mode Cooling?
Breezway commissioned an independent study set in climate zone 5 (where 40% of Australia’s population is based) showed that by turning air conditioning off and using Altair Louvre Windows for cooling natural ventilation when appropriate had an annual air conditioning load decrease of 23%.
This far outweighs the benefits of sealing a building up tightly with fixed windows to improve the efficiency of air conditioning systems.
Breezway Louvres have been incorporated into a number of award winning residential and commercial projects.
Breezway has a collection of inspiring videos and tv commercials that showcase our projects and various product applications.
A selection of brochures and flyers are available from Breezway or order a hard copy via firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse our Gallery for ideas on applying Louvre Windows into different applications in your next project.
Product Selection Guide
Visit out Product Selection Guide Page and simply follow the easy step-by-step instructions to customise your Altair Louvre Window design.
Once complete, hit the submit button and your Altair Louvre check list will be created so you can easily print this out or forward it onto your Architect, Builder, or Breezway Window Fabricator to discuss in more detail.
Where to view/buy
Breezway has a number of locations available to view our Altair Louvre Windows on display including fabricator showrooms, display homes or display centres around the country.
Our Altair Louvres are available from a network of highly qualified window fabricators. Feel free to pop in and visit them at any time.
To search for your closest Breezway Louvre display, simply visit our Where to View & Buy page.
Want to know more about using Breezway Louvres in Residential Buildings?
Properly designed louvre windows can be of enormous benefit to the comfort and energy efficiency of buildings. But it is important that the product is suitably designed and fit for purpose. read more…
With almost the entire eastern façade of the Breezway Head Office made up of a wall of Altair Louvre Windows there are two characteristics of our building that most visitors comment on….1) How pleasant it is to feel the breeze and 2) How much natural light streams into our building.
There’s another aspect that I really enjoy which few visitors get to see because it only happens first thing in the morning when the sun is low in the sky – and that is the light patterns caused by the angled, open blades. read more…
Australians love being outdoors. We love outdoor sports. We love barbeques. We love camping. We love the beach. We love bushwalking. So its not surprising that we love our homes read more…
Years ago I attended a week long training course in the conference centre of a large hotel right on the beachfront. The food was pretty good but the conference room felt a bit like a dungeon! read more…