simple and versatile
Altair® Louvre Handles to suit your situation.
For technical details please visit the Technical page.
Low Profile Handle
- View/download Ring Handle Dimensions
Low Profile Handle
- View/download Ring Dimensions
Handle 3D Models
- 2m, 3m and 4m set lengths
- 1.8m – 3.6m telescopic length
152mm Louvre Handle Positions
Louvre Blade Options
Altair Louvre Windows are available with two blade heights: 102mm (4”) and 152mm (6”).
The length of the louvre blade is typically based on the bay width required for the window application and any length restrictions to comply with Building Codes. For more information see FAQ “How wide can my louvres be?”.
The Altair Louvre design has been optimised for 6mm thick glass and 14mm thick timber blades. The use of other thicknesses will compromise the performance of the product and are not warranted by Breezway.
Blades for Stronghold
Blades that are mechanically retained by the Stronghold System are available for use with 6mm thick, 152mm or 102mm drilled glass or aluminium blades. For more information, visit the Stronghold System page.
- View/download Glass Blades
Timber BladesView our Timber Blade and Frame page for more information.
- View/download Timber Blades
- View/download Aluminium Blades
|Increased glass safety||Toughened Glass||Toughened glass is around 5 times stronger than un-toughened glass. Not only is it harder to break, but if it does break, it breaks into small fragments with square edges instead of razor-sharp shards of glass. Building codes will require toughened glass in certain situations in the building. Toughening all glass blades is an extra precaution that is available.|
|Timber and Aluminium||Timber and aluminium obviously do not shatter at all.|
|Clear views and maximum daylight||Clear Glass||Clear glass will maximise these considerations. Tinted glass can also be very effective with only slight reductions in daylight.|
|Increased insulation||Clear low e Glass and Timber||Clear glass with a low emissivity coating and timber have insulating properties to reduce the heat transfer through the blade.|
|Protection from heat gain due to direct sunlight||Glass – tinted grey or green||Reduces the Solar Heat Gain when protection from direct sunlight is wanted. This will typically be a key consideration on western elevations (as windows facing the west are exposed to hot afternoon sun).|
|Timber and Aluminium||Timber and aluminium are solid blades and very effective in this role.
|Heat gain from direct sunlight is desirable||Clear Glass||In colder seasons heat gain from sunlight is a very desirable benefit. North facing windows will typically be clear glass to get this free heating benefit from nature.|
|Privacy||Glass – satinlite or satina||These glasses are obscure to provide privacy while also letting in daylight while closed.
|Aluminium and Timber||Aluminium and timber are solid blades that will provide complete privacy while closed, but need to be open to provide daylight.|
|Colour, visual impact||Aluminium||Aluminium blades can be anodised or powder coated to a wide array of colours.|
|Timber warmth or look||Timber||Our Western Red Cedar blades provide the timber “look” and the insulated benefits of timber.
|Aluminium – Decowood||Aluminium blades can be finished with Decowood timber look powdercoat. This provides the appearance of timber, with the low maintenance of aluminium.|
Restricted Blade Openings
Due to compliance laws you may need to restrict your louvre openings to meet state or local government regulations. There are a number of reasons why you may need restricted openings including situations when using louvres for fall prevention, louvres adjacent to swimming pools etc. To find out more please visit our Compliance page or download our design manual from the Downloads page.
- Not available with 102mm clip.
- As outlined in Clause F1.13(c)(iii) of the NCC, fixed louvres are exempt from compliance with AS2047.
- Fixed louvres are only available in standard heights.
- Louvres blades are fixed at a 45 degree angle.
Applications for Fixed Vent Louvres
- Vented roofs
- Laundries (industrial, domestic)
- Public Amenities
- Housing for air conditioning units
- Screening walkways
- View/download 152mm Fixed Louvre
|No. of Blades||Height (mm)||Height (mm)|
|No Weatherstrip||With Weatherstrip|
- View/download Fixed Louvre Height Chart
Altair® Louvre Window Sizes
- Standard heights are based off the chosen blade height of 102mm and 152mm. *Recommended Option*
- Off Standard heights are available but will add cost to your window and result in a fixed louvre blade to act as a filler piece.
- The type of window frame chosen will affect the standard heights.
- There are no standard louvre blade or louvre bay widths.
- When determining the bay widths possible a rule of thumb is the higher the wind and water performance required, the shorter the blade should be (i.e. cyclonic regions).
- Most blade lengths are between 600mm to 900mm wide, or up to 1200mm if using the Stronghold System.
- Multiple louvre bays can often achieve the desired frame width.
- Breezway’s framing systems can offer a maximum of 4 metres wide.
- 2-9 blade high Powerlouvres = 400mm
- 10-18 blade high Powerlouvres = 500mm
Altair® Louvre Standard Heights
|No. of Blades||Altair Louvres in Easyscreen Window System|
|Altair Louvres in Innoscreen Window System|
|Altair Louvres in SL2 Window System|
|Altair Louvres for Other Frames with Breezway Weatherstrip|
|Altair Dualair Secondary Glazed Louvre Component System
|152 mm Blade||102 mm Blade||152 mm Blade||102 mm Blade||152 mm Blade||102 mm Blade||152 mm Blade||102 mm Blade||152mm1 Blade||152mm2 Blade|
Keylocks, Screens and Security Bars
Altair® Louvres offer a wide variety of barrier options to choose from.
For technical details please visit the Technical page.
- Brushed Chrome finish.
- No maintenance required.
- Fits most frames and is installed on the opposite side of the handle.
- Same key can be used to lock or unlock multiple keylocks.
- Screens can improve the insulation and shading properties of the louvre window.
- Breezway offers two framing systems with integrated housing for screens.
- Altair Components can be installed into other window manufacturer’s frames with screening capabilities.
- View screen deductions for your Easyscreen Window System or Innoscreen Window System.
- Visit our Where To Buy page to find your closest window manufacturer.
- Available to fit 152mm blade heights.
- Can suit various frames types.
- Optional 16mm D bar provides neat finish with no visible louvre and jamb fixings.
- U channel system functions as an add on to the Altair Louvre System.
- View the Compare Frames page for more information.
Colours & Finish Selection
Selecting the Right Aluminium Finish
Altair Louvre windows are available in three different surface finishes: 25 micron anodised, standard powder coating and high performance powder coating under warranty from Dulux and Akzo Nobel.
Over time, weathering of powder coated surfaces should be expected, resulting in a gradual change in appearance. Selecting the right powder for the atmospheric conditions of the site and correct maintenance will be critical to the ongoing appearance of the finish.
The application of high durability powder will reduce this deterioration and is essential for severe industrial, coastal or tropical environments.
Note: Industry accepted colour variation can occur during the aluminium anodising process.
|Product||Film Integrity Warranty||Colour Integrity||Recommended End Use|
|Interpon D1000 Dulux Duralloy||10 years||7 years||Residential and Light Commercial to 3 Levels; and more than 100 metres from any salt water or surf line|
|Interpon D2525||25 years||15 years||Commercial Prominent and Coastal|
|Dulux Duratec||25 years||20 years||Commercial Prominent and Coastal|
|Clear anodised 25 µm||10 years||10 years||Suitable for all environments including; severe, industrial, coastal or tropical environments|
Note: All Dulux Duratec Warranties applied for on orders prior to 2nd September 2019 only carry a 15 year colour integrity warranty as per the warranty period offered by Dulux. For more information please visit www.duluxpowders.com.au.
Powder Coated Aluminium Window Colour Chart
These colours are available with optional colour matched handles and clips. Some colour variation between aluminium and plastic can occur.
Our Standard Colour Range is listed below or view our Standard Colour Brochure. Please contact Breezway if you require a hard copy or to learn more about Off Standard finishes.
Anodic Bronze Satin GY114A
Anodic Natural Matt GY235A
Anodic Off White Matt GD227A
Anodised (Clear) 25 Micron
Anotec Silver Grey Matt 27251272
Anotec Dark Grey Matt 27251275
Architectural White 91133711
APO Grey Satin GL107A or 27232786 or 26032786
Black Satin GN150A or 27219268
Custom Black Matt GN248A
Charcoal Gloss GL035A
Charcoal Metallic Gloss GM019A
Deep Ocean Matt GJ203A
Deep Ocean Satin 2725125S or 2605125S
Dune Satin 2723087S or 2603087S
Hammersley Brown Satin GM100A or 27284657 or 26084657
Monument Matt GL229A
Notre Dame Gloss GL040A or 27236672 or 26036672
Pearl White Gloss GA078A or 2721114G
Pottery Satin GM175A
Primrose Gloss GD037A or 27284365 or 26084365
Silver Kinetic Pearl Satin 9717043K
Stone Beige Matt GD247A or 27232538 or 26032538
Surfmist Matt 2603067M
Surfmist Satin 2601137S
Ultra Silver Gloss GY070A
White Birch Gloss GA057A or 27237131
Woodland Grey Matt GL205A
Woodland Grey Matt 95951698
Woodland Grey Satin GP105A
Woodland Grey Satin 2727255S
Standard Australian Finishes Colour & Clip Offer
- Clear anodised 25 micron gallery and Weatherstrip material is kept in stock. Other anodised products are subject to a longer lead time.
- Standard and Secondary colours will be reviewed and adjusted on a six monthly basis subject to market trends and customer usage.
- Paint codes are to be stated on all orders.
- Breezway can apply Interpon D1000 and Dulux Duralloy powdercoatings. Warranty information available from www.specifyinterpon.com and www.duluxpowders.com.au
|Finish||Akzo Code||Dulux Code||Handle & Clips at Standard Price||Handle & Clips Colour Matched at Off Standard Price*|
|Anodic Bronze Satin||GY114A||Black||Yes|
|Anodic Natural Matt||GY235A||Black||Yes|
|Anodic Off White Matt||GD227A||Black||Yes|
|Anodised (Clear) 25 Micron||Natural Grey|
|Anotec Dark Grey Matt||27251275||Black||Yes|
|Anotec Silver Grey Matt||27251272||Black||Yes|
|APO Grey Satin||GL107A||27232786 / 26032786||Black||Yes|
|Charcoal Metallic Gloss||GM019A||Black||Yes|
|Custom Black Matt*||GN248A||Black|
|Deep Ocean Matt*||GJ203A||Black||Yes|
|Deep Ocean Satin*||2725125S / 2605125S||Black||Yes|
|Dune Satin*||2723087S / 2603087S||Black||Yes|
|Hammersley Brown Satin||GM100A||27284657 / 26084657||Black||Yes|
|Notre Dame Gloss||GL040A||27236672 / 26036672||Black||Yes|
|Pearl White Gloss||GA078A||2721114G||White|
|Primrose Gloss||GD037A||27284365 / 26084365||Black||Yes|
|Silver Kinetic Pearl Satin||9717043K||Black||Yes|
|Stone Beige Matt||GD247A||27232538 / 26032538||Black||Yes|
|Ultra Silver Gloss||GY070A||Black||Yes|
|White Birch Gloss||GA057A||27237131||Black||Yes|
|Woodland Grey Matt*||GL205A||Black||Yes|
|Woodland Grey Matt*||95951698||Black||Yes|
|Woodland Grey Satin*||GP105A||Black||Yes|
|Woodland Grey Satin*||2727255S||Black||Yes|