Using Breezway Louvre Windows in Education Projects
Three Reasons Why You’ll Find Breezway Louvres in Hundreds of Australian Schools
1. Ventilation Improves Learning
Many scientific studies show that children in classrooms with higher outdoor air ventilation rates tend to achieve higher scores on standardised tests in math and reading.
2. Ventilation Reduces Energy Costs
Altair Louvres maximise natural ventilation which helps achieve naturally comfortable buildings to reduce energy costs.
3. Altair Louvres are the most Energy Efficient Louvre Window
During times of extreme heat or cold, windows with good thermal conductivity help heating or cooling systems to run more efficiently. Altair Louvres can be configured to achieve thermal conductivitiy comparable to windows with high performance double glazing and thermally improved framing. See our Energy Ratings here.
Video: Ventilate Education Buildings with Breezway Louvre Windows.
Breezway is now part of the NATSPEC Product Partners program and we have a Branded Worksection that conforms to the requirements of the National Construction Code available for download to assist with your projects. For more information visit our NATSPEC Product Partner Branded Worksection page.
Altair Louvre Window
Energy Benefits of Louvre Windows Over Other Window Types
- Ventilation through the whole window area as they open twice as wide as other window types.
- Ventilation no matter which direction the wind is blowing in comparison to awning or casement windows.
- Maximum ventilation through large or unusually shaped window spaces that other window types cannot accommodate.
- Ventilation through internal windows to further cool and refresh the building.
To learn more about the benefits of natural ventilation, Breezway has produced a number of Technical Bulletins to assist with your building designs.
Energy savings for a mixed mode (hybrid) system are on average 59%
Controlled studies in 1999 and 2000 showed that as ventilation rates increase, children perform school work with greater speed. And the performance of adults was also shown to improve with higher ventilation rates
Increased outdoor ventilation rates and natural ventilation significantly reduces respiratory illness, flu’s and absenteeism by9-20%.
A study of 10-year-old school children showed that increasing ventilation rates could improve the children’s performance in tasks representing eight different aspects of schoolwork, from reading to mathematics
Why use Breezway Louvres in Education Buildings?
Breezway Altair® Louvre Windows are the key solution to environmentally sustainable buildings.
Open twice as wide as regular windows.
Outstanding Thermal Resistance
Comparable to double glazing and thermally broken frames.
Optional Security Bars
Choice of aesthetics and unobstructed views.
80 years of louvre window experience.
Short Lead Times
Widths up to 1289mm
Maximise natural light and ventilation.
Unbeatable Sound Reduction
For quiet learning environments.
Widest Customising Options
Frames, Blades, Automation, Colours, Security.
Easy to Install
Fully assembled frames or componentry.
7 Year Warranty
3 years for moving parts.
When it comes to solar control, Altair Louvres:
- Can achieve a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient between 0.2 and 0.72 using glass blades.
- Can use timber or aluminium blades to completely block out the sunlight while still allowing maximum ventilation through the window.
Altair Louvre Windows provide tight sealing due to:
- The patented living hinge design that prevents water and air penetration between the clips and the channels.
- An over centre locking mechanism which applies strong locking pressure between blades when fully closed.
Altair Louvre Windows can achieve low U-values. For example:
- Altair Louvre Windows can achieve low U-values required for energy efficiency compliance/excellence (ranging from 2.5 to 6.9).
- In extremely cold climates, louvre-fixed lite-louvre combination windows are a good way to achieve good ventilation and very low U-values.
- Altair Louvres with metal mesh screens have WERS ratings available which significantly reduce the window’s U-value as the glass blades and the screen act in a similar way to double glazing.
Can Breezway Louvres be used with Mixed-Mode Cooling?
Breezway commissioned an independent study set in climate zone 5 (where 40% of Australia’s population is based) showed that by turning air conditioning off and using Altair Louvre Windows for cooling natural ventilation when appropriate had an annual air conditioning load decrease of 23%.
This far outweighs the benefits of sealing a building up tightly with fixed windows to improve the efficiency of air conditioning systems.
Are Breezway Louvres Manufactured Locally in Australia? Yes, Breezway Altair Louvre Windows are custom-made locally on short lead times. To ensure great customer service, Breezway maintains a direct presence in Brisbane, Perth, Darwin, Cairns, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Where Can I Buy Breezway Louvres From? Breezway Altair Louvre Windows are available as complete window systems or in componentry for installation into timber or commercial frames. They are available from a highly respected network of distributors, window fabricators and window dealers.
Looking for CPD Tutorials? Breezway offers three formal CPD Tutorials on Fall Prevention, Ventilation and AS2047. For more information please visit our CPD page.
Examples of Breezway Louvres in Education Projects
Want to know more about using Breezway Louvres in Education Buildings?
A typical movie-goer would likely describe a Velociraptor as a vicious, 2 metre tall, killing machine with lizard-like skin (as per the Jurassic Park movies). Ask a palaeontology expert and they’ll confirm that velociraptors were only about 0.5 metres tall and covered in feathers. That’s quite some difference! read more…
Breezway is proud to announce we are now part of the NATSPEC Product Partner program.
The NATSPEC Product Partner program places manufacturer information within the NATSPEC system to create branded worksections which provide subscribers with an alternative to generic worksections available online.read more…
The Fenestration Australia Design Awards were held in Port Douglas, Queensland on the 21st September 2018. read more…
We all want the best for our children. We want them to do well in their studies, remain in good health, be friendly and have good manners. read more…